I want to be very clear: it's not a resolution.
It's just a decision that from here on out, I am going to be active for at least 30 minutes everyday. Just 30 minutes of movement. Preferably spent running, strength training or doing yoga.
But you know what else counts? Walking around for 30 minutes straight shopping while you're on vacation. Catching up with your best on a five mile walk along some of the most beautiful coastline in the world. Or even just the thirty minutes it takes to walk the mile and a half to your friends' house so that you can Uber to the bar.
Whatever it is, I'll take it. Just a minimum of 30 minutes a day of movement. That's all.
Which! If you add it up, is just one week a year!
The One Week Workout. Coming to a clickbait article near you! (Just kidding, but yeah probably I will most definitely do a recap with that title when the year is over).
It's manageable. Most days I can find some way to move for 30 minutes, so it doesn't make me feel like I've completely failed if I couldn't go for a run or get to a class. Which in turn doesn't send me into a self-pitying pizza spiral. And on the two days this month that I couldn't bring myself to move for 30 seconds let alone 30 minutes (thanks alcohol!), I took some comfort in the fact that I definitely worked out for more than 30 minutes most days.
With one month down, I'm looking forward to adding a fun new theme or challenge to each month going forward. This month, starting this weekend, I'll be doing another round of the Fast Metabolism Diet in conjunction with my workouts. I can't wait to share my progress as the year continues!
- 1st - Ran 2.60 miles
- 2nd - 32 Minute Core x 20 Vinyasa Flow with Rachel Brathen on oneOeight.tv
- 3rd - Ran 2.52 miles
- 4th - 30 Minute Primal Yoga Vinyasa Flow with Liz Arch on oneOeight.tv
- 5th - Ran 2.54 miles
- 6th - 30 Minute Happy Hips and Heart Yoga Class with Stephanie Birch on oneOeight.tv
- 7th - 32 Minute Core x 20 Vinyasa Flow with Rachel Brathen on oneOeight.tv
- 8th - Ran 3.21 miles
- 9th - Ran 3.42 miles
- 10th - 30 Minute Morning Wakeup Vinyasa Flow with Stephen Bickle on oneOeight.tv
- 11th - 46 Minute Yin Love Yoga Class with Rachel Brathen on oneOeight.tv
- 12th - Ran 4.20 miles
- 13th - 20 Minute Morning Yoga Flow with Coral Brown on oneOeight.tv and 15 Minute Tone It Up KettleBooty Workout
- 14th - Ran 3 miles
- 15th - Walked 3 miles around Sayulita
- 16th - 60 Minute surf lesson with Lunazul Surf School
- 17th - 75 Minute Vinyasa Morning Flow at Moon Shala in Sayulita with Leah Nicole Tisdale
- 18th - 20 Minute Go To Flow with Coral Brown on oneOeight.tv and 15 Minute Tone It Up KettleBooty Workout
- 19th - 30 Minute Happy Hips and Heart Yoga Class with Stephanie Birch on oneOeight.tv
- 20th - Ran 2.45 miles
- 21st - Ran 3.01 miles
- 22nd - Ran 2.33 miles
- 23rd - Walked 1.5 miles to our friends Des and Ian's house
- 24th - REST DAY.
- 25th - Ran 3.43 miles
- 26th - 32 Minute Core x 20 Vinyasa Flow with Rachel Brathen on oneOeight.tv
- 27th - Ran 3.07 miles
- 28th - Ran 3.15 miles
- 29th - Ran 2.52 miles
- 30th - Walked 5 miles along Sunset Cliffs and back
- 31st - REST DAY.
Completed Daily Workouts: 29/31 days